The Week of August 5th, 2013
The weekend is finally here! Time to recap some important news buzzing around the game industry.
- Episode 327, "The Doom Show" is ready for your ears! This week the guys discussed Pikmin 3, Mega Man X, The Evil Within and more. Go have yourselves a listen.
- Hiroaki Yura, Kiyoshi Arai, and Nobuo Uematsu have teamed up to announce an indie RPG & RTS hybird titled Project Phoenix aimed to be released in mid-2015. Keep your eyes open for this project as several well-known and prolific game designers willl be contributing to the title.
- "It's largely a hardware thing," Pete Hines from Bethesda discloses why The Elder Scrolls Online, The Evil Within and Wolfenstein: The New Order won't be available on the WiiU.
- Rumour has it that Valve may be able to count to 3 after all with a Left 4 Dead 3 appearance during an office tour.
- The opening mission for upcoming Saints Row IV has been revealed. Have you pre-ordered this title yet?
- This link contains major plot spoilers for The Last of Us, so beware! Check out what the original ending entailed for one of the most talked about games this year.
- Microsoft confirmed details in regards to sharing digital Xbox One titles and how Xbox Live will function on the upcoming console.
- Trion Worlds has closed its San Diego studio which brought us the MMO/television hybird Defiance.
- Did you pick up any new titles this week? Papers, Please is a game I intend to play soon while I'm most likely steering clear from Dragon's Crown. Did you check out Tales of Xillia or Pikmin 3?