Yes, friends, the WNW is back! It's been absent these past few weeks as there hadn't been much news to come by. This week has been decidedly a busy one with the SOPA/PIPA protests, Resident Evil 6's announcement and so much more.
As I've said previously, I'll try and do a WNW every week but don't be surprised if a Friday goes by without one.
What We Covered
What You Should Know About
- Mass Effect 3 will receive a demo on February 14th, just in time to help ruin your relationship with your significant other. Take note however: the PC version of the game will be Origin only.
- Kid Icarus: Uprising will come with a stand for your 3DS. As if you didn't need one more stupid accessory for your handheld.
- A new piece of downloadable content for Dead Island will arrive on January 31st. Too little, too late in my opinion.
- Ubisoft's DRM software/malware now blocks out computers that have had parts changed out. Think twice about loading up that copy of Anno 2070 after putting in that new graphics card.
- Netherrealm Studios is porting Mortal Kombat to the PS Vita. This port will include a second challenge tower.
- New characters have been revealed for Street Fighter X Tekken and they're pretty much ones you'd expect to be in the game: Juri, Vega, Balrog, Paul, Law and Xiaoyu.
- For those who want to know just why fans were upset about the new game you are in luck: Syndicate was just released on Good Old Games.
- Hudson Games will be officially closing its doors on March 1st.
- A demo of Resident Evil Revelations was dropped on the 3DS eShop yesterday. Check it out but beware: you can only play the demo 30 times before it blocks you out.
- Diablo III may be delayed... again. Blizzard says it is changing up some of the in-game systems.
- Bethesda says that the 1.4 update for Skyrim is being finalized and should be available in a week or so. The update will include the Creation Kit for the PC and a number of universal bug fixes. You can read the full update list here.