What is this? E3? Today marked a huge day for video game news with the the first teaser trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 and of course, the long awaited unveiling of the Nintendo Switch (announcement video below)! Of course, the timing couldn’t be better because we officially have a ton of exciting topics to discuss on tonight’s episode of 4Player Podcast! We’ll be kicking the show off tonight with these big announcements and we want to hear from you before we do! For those who were living under a rock this morning, here are a few of the details regarding Nintendo’s big announcement:
- Nintendo's new console bridges the gap between handheld and console gaming using a tablet style controller that connects to a TV docking station.
- The Switch controllers(2) attach to each side of the tablet Or to a device that holds them together as a more traditional style controller.
- Each controller can be detached and used like Wii Remote style controllers.
- The tablet has a built in kickstand for taking the console on the go.
- Games appear to be cartridge based.
We will talking at length about the announcement this evening when we record podcast 476! In lieu of Podcast feedback from last week, we want to know what you think of the announcement and what questions you have for Nintendo in the months leading up to it's launch! Leave a comment below and we might read it tonight on the podcast (keeping in mind that shorter, more concise comments are more likely to be read on the show). It's going to be a great show tonight so we hope you catch it live or when it becomes available to download on Saturday morning! We will get started tonight at 8PM (CST) on 4pp.tv (Twitch.tv/FourPlayerPodcast)! See ya there!