4PP 343: The Habanero Show

By Nick Henderson on December 11th, 2013 (12 comments)

og:image:, Super Mario 3D world, The Swapper, Gone Home, Legend of Zelda, A Link Between Worlds, VGX, Habanero Peppers

A lot has happened in the two weeks since we last recorded a podcast. We have all been busy trying to finish up games before the end of the year so we talk at length about Super Mario 3D World, The Swapper, and more! We hit 200 paid subscribers on Twitch so our very own Chris Davis promised the masses that we would each eat a Habanero pepper on the show... which we do. The last segment of this week's episode features the sound of eating... and suffering so plan accordingly. If you like the show, please spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, etc!

Podcast 343 - [download]

Download

Discussion:

Super Mario 3D World
The Swapper
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Gone Home
Assassin'a Creed 4
Spike VGX
... and More!

Link Dump:

Tell Us Your Favorite 4Player Moments of 2013!
Help Support 4Player Network by Subscribing
NEW RELEASE TUESDAY: 4Player Plays 'Samurai Gunn'
New Episode of TRAILER TALK: Featuring Beyond Good & Evil 2, The Last Guardian, and more!

Chatter of the Week - To be considered for Chatter of the Week, please email NolanHedstrom@4playernetwork.com. Include "Chatter of the Week" in the subject line and include your Top 5 games of all time, your greatest gaming achievement, and your shameful secret.

Fan us on Facebook

Enjoy the show? Let us know how you feel about the topics discussed! Don't forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get each show as soon as it releases! As always, thanks from all of us here at 4player!

Tags: super mario 3d world, Nintendo, Legend of Zelda, a link between worlds, the swapper, gone home, assassins creed 4, spike vgx, metal gear solid v, Ground Zeroes

Nick Henderson

I have been around since the very early days of 4Player but you may know me as “the short one” or the guy who is really into Dexter and that sweet new DmC reboot. I am a gaming enthusiast at my core and I love sharing my opinions on the subject with anyone who will listen. I am a cautious optimist and will try any game at least once. When it comes to gaming, I prefer to leave no stone unturned.

• LauKungPow 4 months ago

Glorious, fantastic, a sight to behold. Simply one of the greatest works of artistry my poor, plebian, peasant eyes have laid upon. also nick's a pussy

• theottomatic91 4 months ago

Actually is anyone's a pussy its those idiots from Cocktail Time minus Chris of course.

• Kamil Roginski 4 months ago

Why so much hate, man ?

• theottomatic91 4 months ago

Not really hating I'm just simply stating facts.

• theottomatic91 4 months ago

Great ep really enjoyed watching the end segment though I felt Kris got off easy and should have had a second go. On a side note from what Nick said if you play enough of Gone Home the side stories wrap up really well.

• Kris Guthridge 4 months ago

SHENANIGANS! Granted, the FIRST habanero I ate wasn't quite as spicy as the others, though it was still plenty spicy, mind you. Then I ate the half of Nick's habanero that he did not eat. So, if ANYONE needs a second go around, it's Nick. Hell, Nolan still hasn't had ANY habaneros.

• theottomatic91 4 months ago

My bad I had no idea that you ate half of Nicks habanero nor that he didn't even bother to finish his own but if that is the case then I absolutely agree that Nick needs another shot at it. I don't see Nolan doing this challenge but who knows I could be proven wrong.

• Nick Henderson 4 months ago

Sorry if eating half of a Habanero isn't nearly enough for you. I was volunteered for this challenge so to be honest, you are lucky I took one bite. If that makes me a pussy then I guess so be it.

• Toast 4 months ago

Kinda felt like it was a copout eating that much ice cream and drinking all that milk both before and immediately after eating the peppers, but given that it was kinda forced on them I can't really say much. It was a funny sight to behold anyway. Other than that the VGX was mostly a travesty and I'm kinda annoyed that the Xbone gets the Snatcher mission but it's not going to affect my purchase of Ground Zeroes. This March is the "official" PS4 launch date (for me anyway) and I'm looking forward to all the japanese games coming out next year.

• Boomstick_Chameleon 4 months ago

Had to watch the archived show for the last part. It must have been really goddamn irritating being roped into a promise you didn't agree to, but hey, hope the new subscriptions help you guys out.

• PrideSwine 3 months, 4 weeks ago

I had the same thought as Krispy about Telltale's Game of Thrones, it'd be cool to follow the Kingswood Brotherhood around. Or maybe something from the perspective of the smallfolk in King's Landing?

• Kamil Roginski 3 months, 4 weeks ago

This f***ing discussion under Habanero video on YT makes me sad. 4pn community can suck too :/