The Weekly: Top News & Releases
By Soha E. on August 11th, 2013 (5 comments)
The Week of August 5th, 2013
The weekend is finally here! Time to recap some important news buzzing around the game industry.
- Episode 327, "The Doom Show" is ready for your ears! This week the guys discussed Pikmin 3, Mega Man X, The Evil Within and more. Go have yourselves a listen.
- Hiroaki Yura, Kiyoshi Arai, and Nobuo Uematsu have teamed up to announce an indie RPG & RTS hybird titled Project Phoenix aimed to be released in mid-2015. Keep your eyes open for this project as several well-known and prolific game designers willl be contributing to the title.
- "It's largely a hardware thing," Pete Hines from Bethesda discloses why The Elder Scrolls Online, The Evil Within and Wolfenstein: The New Order won't be available on the WiiU.
- Rumour has it that Valve may be able to count to 3 after all with a Left 4 Dead 3 appearance during an office tour.
- The opening mission for upcoming Saints Row IV has been revealed. Have you pre-ordered this title yet?
- This link contains major plot spoilers for The Last of Us, so beware! Check out what the original ending entailed for one of the most talked about games this year.
- Microsoft confirmed details in regards to sharing digital Xbox One titles and how Xbox Live will function on the upcoming console.
- Trion Worlds has closed its San Diego studio which brought us the MMO/television hybird Defiance.
- Did you pick up any new titles this week? Papers, Please is a game I intend to play soon while I'm most likely steering clear from Dragon's Crown. Did you check out Tales of Xillia or Pikmin 3?
A Canadian graduate student who spends more time playing video games than working on her thesis. Soha often relates gender studies, race and other important topics in visual culture to the gaming world while making you pull your hair out in Internet rage. When we broadcast live you can find her in chat under her PSN handle, “InTheWolf.” For more thoughts about games and the industry, follow her on Twitter.
|Follow Us||Back to the Top|
Log in or sign up