4PP 296: Go Home Podcast, You're Drunk!

By 4Player Podcast on November 29th, 2012 (23 comments)

With Hitman Absolution, The Walking Dead, and DmC all making for some great dicussion this week, it is a shame that it had to be overshadowed by Nick's mustache and Mike's celebratory drinks. It was Mike's birthday recently so he joins the usual crew this week and brings copious amounts of alcohol to share. We try (and fail miserably) to stay focused but I am sure you will agree that our shenanigans only add to the discussion. Sit back, enjoy, and learn about the dangers of alcohol!

Podcast 296 - [download]

Download

Discussion:
The Walking Dead
Hitman Absolution
DmC(Devil May Cry)
Tomb Raider

Fan us on Facebook

4Player Podcast theme music is courtesy of Overclocked Remix: Click Here to Download

Enjoy the show? Let us know how you feel about the topics discussed! Don't forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get each show as soon as it releases! As always, thanks from all of us here at 4player!

Tags: Hitman, Hitman Absolution, dmc, Devil May Cry, tomb raider, The Walking Dead, Alcohol, Drinking, splinter cell

4Player Podcast

This is the collective sub conscious of the people who run and operate 4PlayerNetwork.com. We work tirelessly to bring you endless gaming related content in the form of podcasts, editorials, video features, and of course, broadcasts!

• theottomatic91 1 year, 11 months ago

Despite all the complaints that could be made about interruptions I enjoyed this alcohol induced episode far better than any episode of Cocktail time.

• Velius 1 year, 11 months ago

This was pretty rough to watch live. But I see you cut a shitload of time off in editing so should be good.

• Sickbrain 1 year, 11 months ago

Am I listening Cocktail Time? I enjoyed this podcast, well done.

• Nick Henderson 1 year, 11 months ago

Unplanned and unexpected cocktail time. I'm just glad we made it to the end without slurring our words...

• Dan 1 year, 11 months ago

You're forgetting about Nolan. ASHASHIN'S CWEED THWEE. Have to thank Mike for getting you all that wasted, was fun to watch!

• s1yfox 1 year, 11 months ago

Nolan was speaking ingrish when he was drunk xD

• wing2k12 1 year, 11 months ago

Aww...man. Imagine Joseph was there...then the podcast would not end. All in all, it was shit enjoyable. Can't believe it was over 2 hrs. long.

• Rorix 1 year, 11 months ago

Excellent podcast guys! Very enjoyable to listen to and hilarious! We need more drunken podcasts on this site, not less!

• Locked 1 year, 11 months ago

Great audio quality and as always, great show. =)

• Nolan Hedstrom 1 year, 11 months ago

I see there's no mention of Nolan's mustache or his fancy new fedora. Interesting...

• wing2k12 1 year, 11 months ago

It's been overshadowed by all the drunken-ness and Chris' poor camera.

• Kdbattletoad 1 year, 11 months ago

Great podcast guys, you guys drunk made the podcast very hilarious. Keep up the good job!

• itsrooster 1 year, 11 months ago

I agree with MOAR DRINKS. Whenever any of you guys drink anything, the show gets better! Especially with Christopher Walken's presence.

• crossoutlaw 1 year, 11 months ago

Pretty hard to watch, which is why im glad cocktail time doesnt get this shitfaced. I loved the hitman discussion, but i kinda wished Mike had more input. He seemed to have been drowned out by brad, nolan and nick. I wanted to hear mike's experiences because he is playing on purist mode and he has very little experience with past hitman games.

• mike 1 year, 11 months ago

My experience on Purist has been this thus far: The enemies have insanely high awareness. They can see through any disguise and I never have enough instinct to move past more than 2-3 guards if I'm lucky. So I stopped using instinct altogether (even for the RDR shooting mechanic) and soley use it to find my objective in the level. Much of Purist consists of heavily utilizing the sneaking mechanics lest you be killed in 2-3 hits by gunfire. 2 hits from a punch and you're dead as well (which I think is pretty dumb). Once I accepted this game to be a stealth action shooter with heavy emphasis on stealth (as it's almost impossible to win a firefight on Purist) as opposed to the creative assassination simulator of old Hitman games, I found it easier to move along through levels. I no longer cared about gaining good stats or rankings. Some parts in the game I simply exploited the A.I. and kept luring in enemies until I had killed everyone on the level. Instances like this make the game feel a bit broken but considering how the disguise system is broken as well I didn't feel like I was cheating myself moving through the level in such a cheap way. That being said, sneaking around and trying not to be noticed is fairly difficult so I usually don't go for things like signature kills or Silent Assassin rankings. Perhaps if I went back through and played it again I'd be better at the unique objectives and executions in the level but this is the kind of game I can see myself only playing once. I've no desire to go back through it again once I'm done with it. There's a lot of dying on Purist. Sometimes enemies shoot through walls, sometimes they spot you when you're sure they had no line of sight and you're never aware of how much instinct you have. All contextual clues are audible so you have to listen carefully to what's going on screen and hide accordingly. Overall I'd say I'm having fun with Purist as it presents a challenge but like previously stated I don't ever see myself going back through and playing this one again once I'm done with it.

• Donathan 1 year, 11 months ago

Christopher Walken is always welcome

• pioshfd 1 year, 11 months ago

Legolas? I figured Nick would be more like Gimli or something.... Maybe Frodo. Thanks for the Hitman impressions though, much appreciated. Although you guys were pretty.... spirited this episode. Nice job!

• satintrousers 1 year, 11 months ago

After you guys hit 300.. you should drop the numbers. It's so high, it's getting kinda stupid. Plus the show is so different now, that it doesnt really make sense.

• JR 1 year, 11 months ago

So that episode was great. Wish I could've heard more from Mike about Purist on Hitman, though. I wish you'd keep the dadstache though, Nick.

• mike 1 year, 11 months ago

See my reply to crossoutlaw.

• Aphis 1 year, 11 months ago

Good podcast again. Can someone link those God of War or Darksiders videos they were talking about?

• SelfTorment 1 year, 11 months ago

Feels like a 4playerpodcast to me. :D awesome job guys

• satintrousers 1 year, 11 months ago

Please NEVER fucking drink on the show again. This was kinda horrible.