4PP 295: The Show that was Lubricated by God

By 4Player Podcast on November 22nd, 2012 (8 comments)

Podcast 295 Now Available

The WiiU has arrived! Nintendo may be a little late to the current generation but they are also technically kicking off the next generation of hardware. How does it stack up? Nick and Nolan talk about their initial impressions of the hardware and the fun that was had with Super Mario Bros. U. Mark of the Ninja, Halo 4, Nintendoland, and more Assassin's Creed 3 are also covered in the first segment. Brad teases us with some initial thoughts on Hitman Absolution but you will have to check back next week for our full coverage of that!

Podcast 295 - [download]

Download

Discussion:
Hitman Absolution
WiiU Hardware
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendoland
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed 3
Mark of the Ninja

Fan us on Facebook

4Player Podcast theme music is courtesy of Overclocked Remix: Click Here to Download

Enjoy the show? Let us know how you feel about the topics discussed! Don't forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get each show as soon as it releases! As always, thanks from all of us here at 4player!

Tags: Halo 4, Mark of the Ninja, Assassins Creed 3, Assassins Creed III, Hitman Absolution, nintendo land, New Super Mario Bros U, wiiu, Wii U, Nintendo

4Player Podcast

This is the collective sub conscious of the people who run and operate 4PlayerNetwork.com. We work tirelessly to bring you endless gaming related content in the form of podcasts, editorials, video features, and of course, broadcasts!

• Damon 1 year, 4 months ago

Definitely agree with Brad here about Hitman: Absolution. I'm playing on Normal and guards are still spotting me from 10 miles away. The system definitely needs tweaking. I should only have to use the blend system if guards are on lookout (library sequence), i'm getting close to someone, or doing something suspicious/a body is found. When you have levels with TONS of guards with no intentions of looking out for a hitman/killer, it becomes really frustrating and unrealistic when you have little to no instinct left and after looking at you from a pretty far distance for less than 5 seconds, Officer Sherlock Holmes will immediately charge at you and demand to see your face. They should at least make the blend feature not deplete your instinct meter, at least on Normal difficulty, because, like Brad said, you shouldn't only be able to tilt your hat once or twice before you are forced to either kill someone to recharge the meter or sneak around Sam Fisher style. It really takes away from your freedom and choice, which should never be the case in a Hitman game.

• Will Dearborn 1 year, 4 months ago

100% agreed.

• crossoutlaw 1 year, 4 months ago

i cant wait for the next show when they go for a long hitman discussion. I hate absolution, its soo far from what bloodmoney and the other traditional hitman was. This is splintercell, literally, and not even a good one at that...the gunplay and combat is janky as hell and the stupid instinct meter is retarded, sure they made a way for u to see through walls, but if ur gonna splinter cell ur game how about hiding in the shadows because u get spotted from across the from in absolution. This game will appeal to the nick and davids out there which is sad. Nick i dont think finished bloodmoney and i dont think he ever went back to replay any levels. Hitman is always about hiding in plain sight and patience, I played bloodmoney using only my poison and sleep syringe, its all about exploring the map...knowing the entire map and watching all the "unique/special" AI patterns.

• Kdbattletoad 1 year, 4 months ago

Great podcast guys, keep it up!

• wolfskill 1 year, 4 months ago

Enjoyed the show as always, guys! Even if what Brad said about Hitman made me super sad, and scared to even start playing the game. I've been waiting for the game since 2006 and I may start crying if it's terrible. Also, I wanted to say thank you so much for getting the show up. I really appreciate that even though it was Thanksgiving, you managed to upload the show. It definitely helped me during my overnight shift that night. So thanks again!

• Nick Henderson 1 year, 4 months ago

Of course! Thanks for listening!

• Suckmyduck 1 year, 4 months ago

This could well be the best name for one of your podcasts ever

• Rorix 1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks for answering my question guys! I certainly hope Nintendo can get back on track and make a killing with the WiiU, but right now, I'm not seeing it and I don't think that's going to bode well for Nintendo's future as a console manufacturer or as a company in general. . Also Nick, it's pronounced "Lou-ah-vul" or "Louie-ville", not "Lewis-ville". That just sounds weird.