Nidhogg is a Game I Want to Play

By Brad Simons on March 20th, 2011 (25 comments)

And you want to play it too. But you have not heard of this game. So I'm bringing Nidhogg to your ears. What is Nidhogg you say? Well, it sort of like versus 2d Prince of Persia. Yeah, that's pretty much it. Now watch the trailer, then watch the match below that, and yearn to play Nidhogg with me.

Tags: nidhogg

• NinjaTwinkie 3 years, 1 month ago

Want. So very want.

• Vunik 3 years, 1 month ago

That was some intense fighting. The slide, when executed perfectly looked so satisfying.

• Arxidus 3 years, 1 month ago

So the winner gets eaten by a penis monster? Of course I wanna play this game!

• fallouttalove3 3 years, 1 month ago

simple but intriguing

• Muddy_Donuts 3 years, 1 month ago

This looks great, hopefully it is for all systems when released, instead of an XBLA only game...

• Kinglier 3 years, 1 month ago

Aw man this looks like a game I could play for hours.

• J52 3 years, 1 month ago

Nice. I might buy this. I'm worried I might have trouble finding matches though.

• Comradebearjew 3 years, 1 month ago

Wow. Amazing.

• Zladko 3 years, 1 month ago

Anything named after the norse dragon of the underworld is worth trying.

• specdotsign 3 years, 1 month ago

It looks like it'll get boring after a while. Interesting, though.

• Razlo TPD 3 years, 1 month ago

It looks like an interesting concept although i'm a little wary of how long it would hold my attention. I'll wait and see more before I decide I think.

• xtenext 3 years, 1 month ago

I saw this in gameinformer a month or 2 back, i thought it looked awesome I hope this is a free PC game, because it just looks like a game you could play on a coffee break rather than something you would invest a lot of time in. i also hope that they make it have online multiplayer, as well as try to implement 4 player.

• GuardsmanGreg 3 years, 1 month ago

A Fencing Multiplayer game where you're counter co-oping? Sign me up.

• thatsadorbs 3 years, 1 month ago

Oh man. I want this now.

• S.M.N._Fly 3 years, 1 month ago

Ah, Nidhogg, read about it on the indiegames weblog some time last year, glad to see it's been getting some recognition. I wonder how many simple tricks we'll be able to do once the game's released, but I'm more curious as to how many stages there will be and how they all impact the fight. Oh, and here's hoping for a spectator mode so we can all witness the embarrassment of sliding right into someone's sword from the sidelines.

• Fady 3 years, 1 month ago

It looks cool and all, but what the dicks is the point of this game? Do you just run around and fight a constantly respawning player?

• s1yfox 3 years, 1 month ago

tis kind of reminds me of the "Madness" web series on newgrounds..only in game form :D I want nidhogg

• rouster14 3 years, 1 month ago

holy carp and other magical fish, this looks awesome! Never played a game with fencing before. also, the battles look simple, yet super intense. sweeeeet!

• Sickbrain 3 years, 1 month ago

One of those games that looks interesting, but becomes repetitive after 30 minutes of playing. Reminds me of Soldat game, looks awesome and boring after an hour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Ic5FC-QwM

• SolidBigBoss 3 years, 1 month ago

The game looks super intense, can't wait to try it out :D

• Zocano 3 years, 1 month ago

I'm usually not a big multiplayer gamer, actually I generally avoid it, but Spy Party and now this are in my sights. Not only are the style and music really really appealing but it just looks fun to play, though I'll agree it could run dry. It doesn't seem like it will have the depth of Spy Party but that doesn't mean it can't be just as fun.

• Delta_03 3 years, 1 month ago

I played this down at Eurogamer last year and BOY was it a fun game, its art style and very gameplay mechanics are just so bizarrely simple that the game can be fun for everyone.. Even my older brother loved this! and he hates games like this.

• acicon 3 years, 1 month ago

looks very interesting, can't wait till its released lotsa sword poking in the 2nd video lol

• CVillain 3 years, 1 month ago

Looks awesome, and the sword throwing looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to have fun with the mechanics, one that particularly stuck out to me in the trailer was throwing the sword, enemy blocks, slide behind enemy, pick sword back up, and win :D

• Actionreplay 3 years, 1 month ago

How can I ignore a game with music like that? You have thrown a ball of awesome my way. I yearn Brad. I yearn.